Mico Systems has an immediate full time opening for a Technical Services Specialist – Level 2. As a Technical Services Specialist, you will get to convey your technical knowledge to our clients by providing superior technical support, troubleshooting and resolving both basic and advanced technical support requests. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a team of highly qualified individuals to play a role in a successful company that will allow you to build both your technical and communication skills.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver professional and helpful technical support to our clients by troubleshooting both basic and advanced service requests
- Aid in providing superior service by documenting, monitoring and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Work with the Service Desk Manager to manage expectations and client satisfaction with our clients
- Perform root-cause analysis and resolution for each service request
- Recognize when to escalate an issue that may require additional support
- Research and document articles in the knowledge base for technical solutions.
- Assist with improving and expanding technical services practices, documentation and knowledge base.
- Maintain industry expertise by learning new and updated technology and by achieving certifications as requested.
- College, University, or equivalent experience in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 3 years technical support experiencing supporting desktop, server and network technology
- 3+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Server 2008 R2/2012
- 3+ years’ supporting Exchange Server 2010 and higher
- 3+ years’ working with Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 and Microsoft Office
- 3+ years’ managing and working with VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V
- 3+ years’ supporting Windows Remote Desktop Server and Terminal Server
- 2+ years’ knowledge of supporting Backup Solutions (AppAssure, Shadow Protect, Backup Assist Barracuda)
- 3+ years’ supporting and managing Active Directory
- 2+ years’ experience working with deploying and managing anti-virus solutions
- 2+ years’ experience and management of Office 365 products
- Knowledge of VPN technology
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS Storage technology
- Knowledge of network devices, switches (Cisco, HP), routers and firewalls (WatchGuard and Fortinet)
- Knowledge of managing spam filters
Technical Experience Assets
Knowledge of the following products are a plus:
- Apple knowledge
- Knowledge of VOIP Systems
- Lenovo Server technology
- A+ Certified recommended
- Server+ Certified recommended
- Lenovo Warranty Certified an asset
Training and advancements are available to obtain additional certifications as requested.
About Mico Systems
Mico Systems ranked 241 on the 2016 Profit 500 and is an award winning Managed Service Provider with headquarters in Oakville, Ontario. For over 20 years, Mico Systems has been servicing a growing SMB customer base in the GTA by providing Outsourced IT Services and Cloud Solutions. A new position has been created to continue providing world class customer service. Career advancement and training are available.