This is not documented fact, but I believe one of the most-used sentences in our high-tech world just might be
“I’m going to toss this %$#* computer out the window if it does that one more time!”
Whether it’s a system failure, malware, outdated technology or simply a lack of understanding about how one particular software works, it’s that kind of frustration that makes a day at the office stressful, not to mention unproductive.
At Mico Systems we are passionate about finding solutions that don’t just revolve around efficiencies and cost savings, but on attacking the emotional and technical pain points that clients experience every day.
To put it simply, we want to stop the pain.
That’s why we conducted a survey of owners and executives of small- to medium-size companies in the field of professional services – CPA firms, law firms, engineering, consulting, manufacturing and distribution. We wanted to discover what they felt were their main issues regarding business technology and office processes: what were the major pain points that were affecting day-to-day operations and the morale and productivity of their staff?
The results of the survey would help us develop and deliver solutions that would make the biggest headaches go away so they could get on with the business of doing business.
Here is what we learned:
The Top 5 Concerns
- Security. Unquestionably, this is the #1 issue. Losing data would be devastating, both for the client and the professional services company. It could cost them their very existence. Hand-in-hand with that goes confidentiality – of utmost importance, particularly for law firms and accounting firms.
- Technology strategy. Businesses want an IT strategy that aligns with their current needs and allows them to scale. Many of those surveyed felt they needed an IT advisor they could trust to help them plan for future growth.
- Modern processes. Siloed data, aging hardware and outdated systems are not allowing staff to work efficiently, hampering their ability to communicate and collaborate. Today, people want to work from anywhere, at any time, on the device of their choice, and still be connected to their office and colleagues.
- Confusion about cloud. Developing a cloud strategy is confusing. Business owners and executives don’t know where to start, and want a trusted advisor who will recommend the right solution at the right cost.
- Putting out fires. Too many hours are spent fixing system issues instead of focusing on running and growing the business. As needs are becoming more complex, owners and executives are looking to outsource their IT so they can spend their time on more mission-critical tasks.
In a Nutshell…
Business owners, executives and support staff are all asking for a modern, digital workplace that enables efficient workflows and automation, and they want their IT systems to be available 24/7/365 for anywhere/anytime productivity. Above all else, they need to know that their data (and their customers’ data) is safe and secure so they can sleep at night.
If you would like to learn the details of our survey results, and how cloud technology can eliminate the same pain points that you are feeling right now, download our free eBook here.